Sunday, December 30, 2007

Impressive!

No, not IU's 97-59 thwacking of Chicago State that was a foregone conclusion before the tip. I'm talking about Wisconsin's 67-66 upset AT Texas without their leading scorer, Trevon Hughes, who was sidelined for the game. Right now, Wisconsin could be a spoiler in the Big Ten race, but still the toughest team is most likely Michigan State, who has the talent, depth, experience as well as a proven winner in coach Tom Izzo. In other Big Ten news, not only did Purdue did take two losses on the chin right after I said "If this team were a stock I'd say to sell now, while it's high" but one of them was to Wofford- the Boilers' first bad loss. And a couple of question-mark-clubs got negative answers today as Illinois lost to Tennessee State (I knew they'd get someone- too bad it was a Big Ten team), and Minnesota got crushed by UNLV.

In power poll terms, I can't slide IU down from the #2 spot, but Wisconsin is in a virtual tie with the Hoosiers now behind MSU. Ohio State is alone in 4th, I'm still going with Illinois as the number 5 despite the latest loss, I think their slow-go strategy will pay off better in conference play. Minnesota is in 6th, and Penn State has now passed Purdue for the 7th spot. NU, Iowa, and Michigan bring up the final three spots.

The Big Ten Men's College Basketball 2008 season: about to start, and I can't wait!

Also, I'm still picking the Hoosiers over the Cowboys to polish off the best Football season the Hoosier Nation has seen in years! Go Hoosiers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home