Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dancing Bear or Hummelin' Rob?

Who's the better player? It's hard to say, but I'd give the early edge to Draymond Green. I ran the early per-possession effectiveness numbers for the Big Ten so far, and while Rob Hummel 32.3 per-game rating is far and away the best, Draymond Green is a level above on the per-possession ratings (.6576 to Hummel's .5529). I'll run down some top tens and school-by-school thoughts shortly, but check out the report here.

Also, some good reading on per-possession efficiency margin in college basketball can be found here.

And I'd like to congratulate John Trask on landing the men's Soccer head coaching job at Wisconsin. It doesn't seem that long ago that he was asking me if I could throw the ball in "like a man?" Actually, scratch that, that was a long time ago.

And finally, I know that Penn State is just having an awful season, but I gotta say: First Big Ten Road Win! It's not much, but it's a hurdle that I wasn't sure these Hoosiers would surpass this season. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home