Tuesday, November 25, 2008

IU Soccer vs. St. Louis tonight!

Back in the late 80's-early 90's, when I was just getting into the whole IU soccer scene (I actually got to get coached by/play against Sean Shapert a few years later when I was in high school), Saint Louis *was* IU's rival. The Billikens were usually the other half of our September challenge, we had an annual game with them, and they were usually a Final four threat as well (especially in the Brian McBride years). SLU still leads IU in the total number of college soccer championships, in fact.

So, needless to say, I wish I was in Bloomington tonight to cheer on the Hoosiers against SLU. Even if it will be a little chilly, I'd love to be there tonight sucking down some hot cider and hollerin' my heart out for the Hoosiers. Go Hoosiers!

As for the IU-Notre Dame basketball game, well, at least they didn't lose as bad as IU football just did. Again, this probably is not a fair look at what the Hoosiers will be this season, but it's probably a good counterweight against the Northwestern State game. Today's game vs. St. Joseph's will probably be a fairer look (if we get to watch it), but I still wouldn't put money on the Hoosiers to win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home