Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Comment to Crimson Quarry.

CQ has a nice run-down of the returning guards here, and I'm too impatient to wait for my SBNation ID and permissions to come through.


"Great work! I'm sure that it won't be the happiest year to be Hoosier basketball fan, but it'll be a long sight better than last year.

I did want to mention a couple of things about Roth, 1) he almost *never* shot inside the arc, unless his foot was on the three-point line. Mostly he ran off picks and backdoor slips to the hoop hoping to draw some contact and hit some free-throws (which he did well). However, the one time that I saw when he actually received the backdoor pass, he almost didn't know what to do with it- he bricked the lay-up badly. 2) Roth did a great job of not turning the ball over. Besides Jones, he was the only IU player with more assists than turnovers in Big Ten play. 3) Roth never gave up on a play. There was a long stretch of the season, after the Iowa game I think, where he was IU's leading shot-blocker just because he got back on transition defense.

I don't see him starting this year, he's just not big enough, but I think he'll be a very useful player to bring off the bench for offense, or even just to calm things down."

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger John M said...

Thanks for the response. By the way, while some SBNation blogs require a waiting period, mine doesn't, so you can comment as soon as you jump through the hoops.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home