New Cbba Poll & Last Week's action
6. George Washington
11. Ohio State
12. West Virginia
13. North Carolina
17. Louisiana State
21. Missouri State
24. Boston College
25. Wichita State
Also Receiving Votes:
Air Force, Bucknell, George Mason, Kansas, Michigan, Michigan State, North Carolina State, Northern Iowa, UAB, Wisconsin
What Happened Last Week
1. Villanova W at Cincinnati, L at UConn
2. Memphis W v. UTEP, W v. Tulsa
3. Duke W at Georgia Tech, W at Temple
4. Connecticut W v. Notre Dame, W v. Villanova
There was some reshuffling among the #1 seeds with UConn's home win over Nova. So, Memphis gets a turn at the top. I think they are closer to the 5th best team in the nation rather than the top, but they are good enough to go on a run.
5. Gonzaga W at Pepperdine, W v. San Diego
6. George Washington W v. Lasalle, W at Fordham
7. Texas W at Kansas State, W v. Kansas
The #2 seeds roll on, but only Texas gets a wins of any note, but even these were "should-win" games.
8. Tennessee W at Florida, L at Arkansas
Tennessee stays put only because of the massive meltdown in the teams below them. Also got a a great win at Florida.
9. North Carolina State L v. UNC, L v. BC
10. Florida L v. Tennessee, L at Alabama
11. West Virginia L at Syracuse, W v. Providence
Disaster strikes! Only WVU gets a win, but Florida & NCSU suffer wicked home losses.
12. Pittsburgh W v. Providence
13. UCLA W v. Oregon State, W v. Oregon
14. Ohio State W at Michigan State, W v. Michigan
This group did pretty well. Ohio State looks ready to slide into its first Big Ten Championship under Thad Matta.
15. Iowa L at Minnesota, L at Illinois
16. Illinois L at Michigan, W v. Iowa
The Big Ten teams are knocking each other off. I can't wait for the conference tourney!
17. Georgetown W v. Rutgers, W v. Syracuse
18. North Carolina W at NCSU, W v. Maryland
The Hoyas get a good couple of wins, but the Tarheels W's are considerably more impressive.
19. Michigan State L v. Ohio State, L at Indiana
Tough luck at Indiana, with some plays (& calls) predictably going against them after a solid effort. But it's really the home loss to Ohio State that drop them out of the top 25.
20. Oklahoma W at Texas Tech, W v. Kansas State
21. Louisiana State W at Vanderbilt, W v. Kentucky
22. Nevada W at Idaho, W at Utah State
Good wins, although Oklahoma has beens kating on thin ice all season long. Nevada gets a pair of solid road wins, and is starting to look pretty dangerous.
23. Boston College L at Virginia, W at NCSU
24. Northern Iowa L v. Bradley, L at SIU
25. George Mason L at Hofstra, W v. James Madison
Northern Iowa has a bad week as the MVC has gone topsy-turvy, but BC hangs on to the ranking only because of up-and-down week of all of the other contenders for the top 25 ranking. GMU just won at Wichita State in Bracketbusters, but the loss at Hofstra makes them #26 this week.
Air Force W v. New Mexico, W v. UNLV
Bucknell W v. Lehigh, W v. Army
Creighton W v. Indiana State, L at Missouri State
Kansas W v. Baylor L at Texas
Marquette W at ND
Michigan W v. Illinois, L at Ohio State
Missouri State W at Illinois State, W v. Creighton
UAB W at Southern Methodist
Washington W v. Stanford, W v. California
Wichita State W at Drake, W v. Illinois State