Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fun with Stats

I've not commented in a while, but the young Hoosiers are showing promise. If they win tonight against Loyola, they'll have tied last season's win total and surpassed the Division-I win total.

Pre-Conference Efficiency ratings are up and posted here.

Quick note for IU fans- even though you'll notice Maurice Creek is 3rd on the per-possession ranking, he's pretty clearly the top freshman in the conference. His 29 point-performance against UNC-Central isn't included as I only crunched the games through December 13th. And, my ratings system seems to have a slight bias towards reserve big men and a slight bias against shooters- which is the category that Creek obviously falls into- (I think this is a reflection of the nature of the box scores, but I really don't know what else to do about it for now). More good news for IU fans, Elston and Watford are also in the top ten of freshmen, which is great news for the future of the program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home