Saturday, February 27, 2010

What is it with the Big Ten & injuries this season?

Purdue now joins Indiana, Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State, and Wisconsin with the unfortunate news that Robbie Hummel is out for the year. All six (SIX!- over half the league) has now gotten the news that their best player will be on the bench for a significant amount of conference play. Of course, Indiana and NU's losses were for the whole conference slate, while Ohio State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin now have their players back.

Still, I've never seen anything like this in 20 years of watching league play. Certainly, in the post-PSU era, this has got to be a record. Speaking of expansion, I still think Missouri is the best choice for team #12, but I wouldn't oppose Pitt, I suppose. I just don't think Pitt is going to happen. But, you know, whatever. I'm happy enough with the teams the Big Ten already has. I just wish Indiana was playing better.

John Gasaway tweeted that Wisconsin beat IU with a .47 per-possession Efficiency Margin advantage this season. Bo Ryan has us solved, and did last year too. I suspect the EM in last year's match-ups was pretty brutal too. I do like that Crean got himself tossed, and I hope the Hoosiers respond in their next few games. They've got some opportunities on the schedule to snap out of their funk, let's hope it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home