Monday, March 15, 2010

NCAA tourney madness

1) The Big Ten got kinda hosed with their draws. The two teams that have the best chance of making the final four (MSU & OSU) are Kansas' bracket. Ouch. And even 'though Illinois pretty clearly played themselves out of the Big Dance, having Minnesota in the field instead probably means having another first-round loss. I hope I'm wrong. Wisconsin has a relatively good draw, but they've been such historically poor performers in the tourney, that it's hard to be confident about their chances.

2) I only correctly predicted a little more than half of the NCAA tourney bids (34). Fifteen other teams in the NCAA tournament I had predicted as NIT or sleeper/CBI teams (Georgetown & Wisconsin being my most under-estimated teams), and sixteen teams I totally whiffed on. Most of those were automatic-bid winners, but I really should have known better about Baylor, New Mexico, and Temple. Marquette still surprises me, 'though, I just can't believe that they're this good.

3) I also whiffed on 12 of the 32 NIT teams, and 6 of 16 CBI teams, making for a grand total 34 overlooked teams. Mei Culpas to come later, but I've got brackets to study and get terribly wrong for now. In the meantime, Go Big Ten!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home