Saturday, April 26, 2008

Big Ten Recruiting thoughts

Spartans weblog has been catching recruiting fever lately and I'm following along a bit. Actually, for Indiana, after an early spring of terrible news, Crean has gotten a decent class put together for the Hoosiers so far. As "super" recruits Matt Roth & Tom Pritchard stayed with IU, JC top 30 player/combo guard Devan Dumes and "super" recruit 6-5 Nick Williams (who has a 7-foot wingspan and is a winner at the High School level) signed on , and 5-10 Daniel Moore gave up a D-I scholarship to walk-on at IU, Crean now has an actual team he can field next year, even if Bassett & Ellis don't make it back. I'm hoping Williams is ready to play, but more than anything the Hoosiers need a true point guard, and I'm not sure there's one on the roster for next year. Although I don't have a lot of hope for next season, I do think Crean is going to revitalize the Hoosier program over the coming years.

Happy Valley Hoops has a good run-down of next year's recruiting classes. I thought I saw that blue-chipper recruit 6-6 Terrell Pryor had committed to OSU, but I guess it's just a football commit. But the Buckeyes still have a pair of five-star recruits in center BJ Mullens and guard William Buford. I think that it might be pretty hard for OSU to replace both Koufos and Hunter inside, to say nothing of losing Jamar Butler, but Thad Matta keeps getting results.

1 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger KJonthebanks said...

I think some sites have been listing Pryor as an OSU commit because he was considered a top-25 basketball recruit, but I haven't seen anything indicating he plans to play hoops for the Buckeyes--pretty tough for a QB to do.

Regardless, Matta's recruiting abilities are downright frightening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home