Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Greetings to the new Brunette

Well, Coach Sampson, I'd be lying if I said I thought you were anywhere in the IU coaching discussion, and frankly, I'd be lying if I said you would've been in my top 5. Heck, Randy Wittman & Mike Woodson would've garnered the same enthusiasm from this space.

But I do gotta hands you props on the prep conference. One area in which you'll be a major improvement is in media relations. And you CAN recruit, especially from Juco, which in this day and age, isn't nearly as morally suspect as in the past. If you can convince Ratliff, Vaden, and the almost-certainly-impossible DJ White that they should stick with you rather than following Mike Davis to UAB (or wherever), then my hat will really be off to you. Even keeping Ratliff at this point would be a major save.

But that being job one, getting some 4/5 spot power guys is job two. I hope you still have a Juco big man up your sleeve, 'cause we need him for next year BAD.

All this said, I'm really looking forward to next year. I've got fairly low expectations for win totals, but I'm actually excited to see you and the Hoosier Nation start fresh for the first time.

Go Hoosiers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home